Sparkasse zu Lübeck AG

The history of the Sparkasse zu Lübeck dates back to 1817, the period following the German campaign of 1813 and the Congress of Vienna. As such, the savings bank can look back on over 200 years of business success.

The Sparkasse zu Lübeck was established after approval was granted by the Senate and was set up as a social institution with the aim of promoting charitable activities. The bank opened its doors for the first time on 12 June 1817. In 1904, it was transformed into an independent foundation and, since 1958, has been known as the “Sparkasse zu Lübeck”.

In 2004, the bank’s assets were spun off to a joint-stock company, which has been responsible for the foundation’s banking operations since. The foundation was subsequently converted into a charitable foundation and is now known in German as the “Gemeinnützige Sparkassenstiftung zu Lübeck”. As the administrative body behind the savings bank, this foundation uses the dividends and interest from its other assets to support a wide range of charitable projects in the Lübeck region. Since 2005, it has donated more than €30 million to the region.

Management Board, from left:
Frank Schumacher (Chair), Oke Heuer

Sparkasse zu Lübeck AG
Breite Straße 18–28
23552 Lübeck, Germany

Phone: +49 451 147-147
www.sparkasse-luebeck.de